sunnuntai 21. kesäkuuta 2015

Lego Lord of the Rings, first part

I like to play silly games at times where you do not have to think and you just play them through. No tough choices or situations. You just either point and click through the game or jump, kill and move forward. After celebrating Midnight summer it was good to time to begin one of these kind of games what are playable even for kids. So I decided to play Lego Lord of the Rings. 

You hav to gather all kind of goodies from the areas.

The game won't look scary.

Shire is pretty and lovely looking.

If you have played any from the licensed games by lego you will know how they work. You play as lego-look-a-like-characters and jump, kill and go forward. And of course you smash many things and gather lego coins and other specialities like chests etc. No blood or anything else what would game look more dangerous. And unfortunately the story follows the movies, at least so far  what I have been playing. So I was missing good old Tom Bombadil when Old Forest was skipped. What a disappointment. 

Wandering around the Rivendell.

The Guardian of the entrance to Moria isn't a nice guy.

You better not to fall in Moria.

Of course the plot of the game is more straightforward then in the books or movies. But it works since at least I do know the basic story well enough not needing all the information. But I am not sure from those who haven't seen the movies nor read the books. Would they do like the story? That I can't answer. And I know some of the fans would be annoyed when some of the scenes are made to be funny ones or childish.  But yes, better remind again that this game is made for kids.


Meeting Galadriel.

Leaving Lothlórien.

There are also extra quests in the areas.


When I finished first part from I wasnät superexcited. The game is still nice for the days when you're tired to think after work but at the same time I am slightly annoyed that I can't recieve 100% played game unless I want to play same scenes through multiple times. There is always hidden places and areas what you can't look through immediately since on  the first gaming time you can't pick all the playable characters what you will need to finish the area. Plus there is also extra quests what you can finish in the areas. Those I haven't tried so far but I will make later second posting about this game where I also introduce those quests since those were new to me (I used to play Lego Star Wars and there wasn't any quests). 

1 kommentti: