sunnuntai 26. heinäkuuta 2015

LEGO Lord of the rings part II

Somehow Summer becomes always busy. I do tend to play more but found myself travelling to see relatives, friends and working. Well luckily my holiday is still in front of me so perhaps I will have more time to play. As a rainy day like today it was good time to continue story of the Lego game anyways. If you haven't read the books nor watched the films.. these screenshots from the game might give you hints about the story.

Final battle against Balrog.
Boys are a bit lost

Sam climbs to catch fishes to Gollum.
Dead Marshes isn't the nicesst place to spend time.



I am glad that story of the game still follows rather well the movies and the books. But The Lord of the Rings movies were following books better than the Hobbit films followed the original book. So when I try to play Lego Hobbit I might growl in pain when I really liked the book! This game is made for whole family and it would be nice to play even with little ones. Characters has their special skills like Sam knows how to use elven rope for climbing and Frodo can use elven cloak to hide himself. So when you do play alone.. it is common to switch from one character to other. If there would be two players playing they could team up and and help each other but when you do play on your own, use all of the characters which remains in the group at that moment. 

Mighty Oliphants!
Between the ares you can run freely and pick some extra quests to do later.
Meeting the Rohirrim.

The creepy Fangorn

Lego games are full of humour. Since I do know the original story well it was fun to laugh sometimes to Gimli when he was grumbling about Fangorn or complaining about something else. Of course there are also frustrating moments when your char isn't an exact point and you try to jump only falling to your death. That happens a lot since you can move in every direction but game is always shown from one angle. Even I have played several Lego games I still do not like this system at all!

Treebeard is suspicious.

Treebeard just stomps everything.


Meeting old friends again.


The story has continued and hopefully on the next update I can tell how did the fight of the Helm's deep went. It might be interesting to see how they have created that big battle and how much you can move from your fighting spot to  look through stronghold. Yeah and since I still play the basic story I haven't tried those extra quests so far so new things to try still.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti